Laser Hair Removal
This method is a new way for men and women to remove unwanted hair. The laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light that can disable the hair follicles in the active growth stage. The light directs the energy to the hair root while protecting and cooling the surrounding skin. Most body areas can be treated with this state-of-the-art technology. Prices quoted during required consultation.
The Cutera XEO Laser is a long pulsed neodymium: yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG) laser – a source of light energy to which attachment heads are applied and settings adjusted depending upon the condition being treated, skin and hair color and texture, and the depth of penetration required. The key is to heat treat the appropriate layer of skin depth leaving the layers on top cool and undamaged.
What can I expect?
The process starts with a consultation, which is free of charge. Laser therapy is a time-consuming but relatively straightforward process. The area under treatment is shaved, cooled with ice packs and a topical anaesthetic gel is applied. This newest generation laser minimizes any burning sensation since the attachment head is cold water cooled. Treatment sessions may last 15-45 minutes. After each session, cool compresses and a soothing gel is applied to the area. A pink or reddish painless discoloration of treated areas is to be expected, usually lasting several hours. You may be asked to use ace wraps, support stockings or to avoid sun exposure for a short time afterward, depending upon the area treated. Specific instructions will be provided at the time of treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
Although individuals vary, for hair removal 3-6 sessions (usually 4). A more precise estimate of treatment duration will be available at the time of your initial consultation.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- Improved Self-Confidence – Laser hair removal can help you feel and look your very best, no longer questioning how you look when you show off a bit of skin.
- Look Great – Hair removal by laser can help you be free to enjoy smooth and sexy skin all the time. No more uncomfortable in between and grow-in stages.
- Save Money – Laser for permanent hair removal may seem expensive, but over time you will really be saving the dollars. In the long run, laser hair removal costs less than continued waxing, electrolysis and other hair removal methods.
- Save Time – Free up your time with professional laser hair removal. Eliminate the daily or monthly hair removal routine, no longer having to think about missing your lunch hour to wax, or get electrolysis again.
- Wake up each morning and just go! – Lasers are useful for removing unwanted hair from the face, leg, arm, underarm, and bikini line as well as other areas where unsightly hair is a problem.
- Precision – Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Speed – Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as
- Predictability – Ninety percent of patients have permanent hair loss after an average of three to five sessions.